Anastasia's Spotlight Dance Competition Team Agreement 2015-2016
Purpose: The purpose of this competition agreement is to provide the students and parents with a list of expectations necessary for the competition team to function properly.
Focus: The main focus of the competition team program is to provide students with a challenging yet enjoyable environment which emphasizes the development of both physical skills and good character. The program also aims to develop in the students: teamwork, sportsmanship, work ethic, and leadership skills.
Goals: To offer a varied program that meets the needs of the recreational dancer, yet is strong enough to prepare the dancer for a future career in dance if so desired. We strive to maintain the best quality dance program without sacrificing time away.
Student Expectations: 1. Attendance is required in all classes; including ballet. If a student is late or absent from class, the PARENT should call ahead to notify the teacher. If a student misses more than 3 classes she must arrange a "make-up" class in the same style of dance within 2 weeks of the missed class. Attendance is crucial and should be treated as a team sport. Studio workshops can count as make ups.
2. Students are to come to ALL classes dressed in proper dance attire and purchase the necessary shoes as requested by the class teacher. All shoes purchased by November 1st!
3. All students are expected to attend ALL competitions and REHEARSALS. This includes the awards ceremony where you must be in costume or a spotlight shirt.
4. Cell phones must be turned OFF and out of sight during class. Parents may call studio phone if they need to contact student.
5. Students must remain polite and respectful to each other, to all staff members and or outside businesses please represent our studio in a positive way.
1. Parents please review the above expectation with your child.
2. Parents are expected to bring their child to class on time and to adhere to the 3 absence attendance policy. If your child is going to be late or absent please call studio.
3. If you are new to the competition team, we will need a copy of your child’s birth certificate as it is required as proof of age for competitions.
4. All shoes and attire expected to be purchased by November 1st!
5. Parents are expected to purchase all competition supplies listed on the "Competition Checklist" including TIGHTS no later than January 1st!
6. Parents must keep competition weekend AND competition rehearsal days open. Please DO NOT SCHEDULE ANY OTHER ACTIVITIES ON THESE DAYS!
7. Please remember no video or flash photography is allowed at competition.
This agreement will be reviewed and signed in class and a copy will be sent home.
I have read the above statements and agree to follow expectations as stated above. If a competition class and or individual is not working up to its potential, we have the right to pull the dance/individual from competition team.
Thank you for your decision to be a part of ASD comp team. We hope you see this as a privilege and honor. We look forward to seeing you grow in your personal character and dance ability. Remember it’s important to do your best, practice makes progress!
To dance with your feet is one thing
But to dance with your heart is another…..